In short, New Year's Eve was one of the best I've had. It was at my friend Adam and Ali's apartment where we hung out and cooked this massive 8kg turkey with all the trimmings. Followed by an awesome party and a huge hangover to go with it.
So much has happened in the past 2 months:
- I have a new position. Still working for UBC and still working for the Faculty of Medicine but now I am looking after the tutors instead of the lectures. This involves making sure they get paid, they have their materials for the upcoming week, collating students marks etc etc. It also means my hours have changed, I now work from 7.30am to 3.30pm which will be awesome come summer when it's sunny till 10pm! Almost another whole day to be had!!
- I learned to ice skate! Kinda. I never was good at rollerblading and a few friends went to Robson Square one night which is a free rink. If you don't have your own skates it's only about $5 to hire and you can skate for as long as you want. Started to get the hang of it after a while and lots of fun.
- Spent lots of time with friend with birthday parties, farewell parties and games nights.
- Went to Australia Day at Moose's Down Under which was so much fun. I met a guy from Brisbane who I'm now seeing! What are the chances??
- Went snowboarding a couple more times and I've now progressed to the green runs and have started to be able to turn.
- My friend Jess and I hired a car on the Family Day long weekend and we ended up being really nerdy and finding all the X Files locations. We also went to the Bates Motel which is filmed here too. Side note: There's also an old mental institution that is used for lots of movie/tv/advertisement shoots and it is so creepy. Terrible atrocities happened and you can definitely feel it in the atmosphere there.
- I drove a car! While it's not a big deal at home, I was nervous about doing it here as I have never driven on the opposite side of the road. While it's weird, it's good to know that I can do it because Mum is coming in April and we'll hire a car.
- Spring is here already. While snow is still being dumped on the local mountains and up in Whistler, the cherry blossoms and daffodils have already started blooming.
That's it in a nutshell! I promise to try and update a bit more regularly, but work especially has been busy as I've been trying to learn my new role, which I've only been in for a couple of weeks as well as teach the person that's doing my old role...plus now she's on leave this week so I'm doing both roles and it's a little exhausting and overwhelming.
Until the next update...hopefully not in 2 months...talk soon!