Tuesday 28 July 2015

Excited!!!

I still can’t believe that I’m going back to Canada.

It feels so surreal.

After thinking about it and planning for it for so long it’s finally happening.

To think that I had pretty much decided as soon as I got home that I wanted to go back but then had to wait to actually see if I could go back cos they changed the visa rules, to applying and receiving the approval in April and now to have finally booked and paid for my flight. It’s also taken so long because I came home with pretty much no money so had to save from scratch again.

I’m so excited to be going back. Right now, I don’t feel as though there’s much going for me here. I love Australia and it will always be home, but I feel like Canada is where I should be…for the next 2 years at least. And after that? Who knows!! May have to start researching on how to stay on. Haha.

It may be 3 months till I go but so much is happening between now and then.  I worked out I now only have 11 weekends, with something happening almost every weekend before I go! Some are complete write offs as I have plans to go away – Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine Coast & Cairns. And the rest will be spent tidying and getting rid of stuff and catching up with people.

I will be finishing work on September 30 but there’s no rest for the wicked. I will be going to Cairns for the week leading up to my departure as I want to get my scuba licence before I go. It’s a 5 day course, with 3 days staying out on the Great Barrier Reef.  (It will also tick off something from my bucket list) Then it’ll be almost my birthday so will be staying up there until the Sunday. Then I have 2 days to pack and off on Wednesday 14 October! Nothing like a little pressure!

I think my 5 day stopover in LA will be recovering not only from jet lag but also everything else into the lead up to leaving Australia!

The countdown is on. Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment