Friday 6 November 2015

(almost) 3 weeks in.

Cannot believe I've been here for 3 weeks already. So much has happened!

I have survived my first week of work (yay!) but I have also had a cold for the whole week too (boo!).

Basically my job is a program assistant for the second year medical students. So this involves program coordination including generating the student timetables, obtaining learning materials from the lecturers, posting it online, organising the print of materials and more. It's a bit hard to explain. It doesn't sound like much but it's a lot of planning ahead and being organised! I can tell you I have been busy every day!!

Hopefully the next week will be better as I start to settle in more. I'm so glad I moved after I found the job because (no joke) it is literally a 3-4 minute walk to work. If I get another job down the track I won't know what to do with myself in terms of commuting! It's brilliant as I've been able to come home during my break some days and I'm able to get chores done! Like today I totally got all my washing done so I don't have to do it on the weekend!! (Really exciting adult stuff!)

In between, I've been going out some nights - to the gym and out with friends - but then realised if I want to get better that I should stay home. So last night and tonight are quiet nights at home...although in saying that I have now fixed my room to a state where it's liveable!

I did a lot of cleaning and sorting tonight, but now things have a place! I just need to buy a couple more things (like a set of drawers) and I'm set. Feels so good and smells good too. (It was a bit musty before.)

Anyway, now I can sleep in tomorrow, try and get my voice back (it's nice and husky) get these drawers and get ready to party with my friends tomorrow night! Life is pretty good right now!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is falling into place mate congratulations! (sorry about the cold though). Storms have been the norm back here and man it was hot and humid today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross! Yeah the cold sucks but all is going really well! Bit envious about your heat as it's starting to get cold! Hope you're well. :)

      Delete