Saturday 8 December 2012

Keeping it up.

Heading into week 2 of the gym membership and now I think it's going to get harder to keep up the motivation.

Last Thursday prior to attending ignition, I just did 30 minutes on the treadmill...which involved about 10 minutes of running! It actually wasn't too hard.  Not sure how many calories I burned as I kept my watch going while we did the Ignition.

Ignition is basically a trainer just showing you how to use the equipment.  So after 1 hour and 11 minutes, I burned 650 calories!

I then had 2 days off...which was well needed as I was sore everywhere! Friday was our Christmas party which was bigger than planned and I ended up with a hangover yesterday...not good when you go to a meditation course!  Anyway, after a lovely lunch and a catch up with my family last night I was back at the gym today.

Today I did all cardio, 30 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the stepper and 10 minutes on the cross-trainer and burned 651 calories.  The 30 minutes on the treadmill was week 6 of the couch to 5 k which I've been meaning to do so thought I should start around the week I think I can handle.

Really need to start doing weights, but it's a bit hard without any guidance.  Hopefully the PT will show up tomorrow morning for the group PT.  Then I hopefully won't feel so lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment