Friday 12 June 2015

Exciting times ahead

It's pretty much official that I'll be going back to Canada. I was confirmed for a visa back in April and have a year to get over there to activate my visa.

Why back to Canada? Well, I started making some great friends then had to come home. Most are still there and would like to catch up with them again. Also, I'm 30 this year which means time is running out for working holiday visas. It was either Canada or the UK. To me Canada was a no brainer. As much as it would've been cool to live in the UK, I love Canada. It was both the best and toughest time of my life!

The only thing holding me back is money. I came home in January with literally no money and a small credit card debt which had to be paid off before I could start saving again. Luckily I could walk straight back into my job. One of the perks of working for the government - the ability to take time off and go straight back to your job!

So now I've been home just over 6 months and I'm almost there. I can afford an airfare now, but still need more to live off when I get there. Why is money so freaking necessary?! If it wasn't I'd be on a plane tomorrow!

Tossing up whether to stay in Vancouver for 6 months or go straight to Toronto. Initially I thought of going to Vancouver for 6 months then Toronto for the next summer but then recently I thought about going straight to Toronto. But I don't know if I could survive the winter!?! So Vancouver it is? Typical - I haven't decided yet!!

Anyway, ideally I'd like to head back in mid-October. Mostly because the current role I'm in will finish on September 30 then I can have time off to celebrate my birthday with friends and family before heading overseas. Also by that time I'll have some good savings behind me.

Plus I need to tell work...and soon lol. Hoping to do that by the end of July when there's a North American travel expo, hopefully with some good airfares. Then I'll know when I'm going. Although, if you read this, keep an eye out on any airfares between Brisbane and Vancouver or Brisbane and the USA in October!

This is the thing that's keeping me going at the moment. The last few weeks have been stressful, with a death in our family, job interviews, family illness etc etc. So there's no time than the present to work on the goals. Life's too short. But then also things take time. Can't win! We'll get there in the end though. :)

So there you have it. That's what is happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment